- Web based code review and project management for Git based project
- Gerrit makes reviews easier by showing changes in a side-by-side display, and allowing inline comments to be added by any reviewer
- Gerrit simplifies Git based project maintainer-ship by permitting any authorized user to submit changes to the master Git repository, rather than requiring all approved changes to be merged in by hand by the project maintainer. This functionality enables a more centralized usage of Git.
- Gerrit is intended to provide a lightweight framework for reviewing every commit before it is accepted into the code base.
- Gerrit is firstly a staging area where changes can be checked over before becoming a part of the code base.